ECO & SUSTAINABLE WEDDINGS & EVENTS
We are committed to run our business responsibly for the future and work as ethically as possible where we can.
Our commitment to a sustainable approach in business:
*SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED WOOD - Our tipi poles are made from sustainably harvested, exceptionally strong, slow-grown spruce from the far north of Sweden. The high resin content of this spruce means there is no need for chemical treatment. It is this slow growth and the latitudes at which they are grown which result in very dense growth rings, that gives a pole its strength and long lasting qualities. Tentipi video
BUILT TO LAST - We want our tents to last as long as they possibly can, so to achieve this Tentipi apply a long-term perspective to the production of their canvases, minimising the consumption of energy and raw materials. This is achieved by using the highest quality fabrics in the design.
* All of our tables and benches are made from recycled wood
* Our wooden chairs are vintage
* We try to source as many of our hire items in the UK or locally at vintage stores or fairs.
*Textiles include vintage turkish rugs, moroccan pouffes and floor cushions.
* We even re-use our giant palm leaves which are available for hire.
*Our rustic wooden bar is made from recycled wood
*Recycled outdoor Indian fire bowl ⠀⠀⠀
WORK PRACTICE :
* We aim to keep 95% of marketing online. Any printed marketing materials will be on recycled paper ⠀⠀
* We use reusable cable ties and recycled plastic sheeting for set ups.
* As a small business, we minimize travelling by working from home when not on site and our crew car share or walk/cycle to work where possible.
* Recommend working with local suppliers within Sussex, Kent and Surrey where possible. .
* We work with local venues close to us including The Party Field (one of our venues), which is just 10 minutes from our HQ.
GLAMPING : ⠀
*Offering a lower carbon footprint to more traditional hotels and guest accommodation (without the need for electricity), our glamping guest bell tents also help reduce travel to and from the site, with guests staying outdoors for one or two nights.